Skip to content
Just as you would spruce yourself up for a family photo, these tips can help make the picture you present to the underwriter the best possible.
- Get a good night’s rest before the exam
- Do not do any heavy exercise 24 hours before the exam
- Do not consume any form of alcohol for at least 48 hours before the exam
- Wear shorts and a t-shirt or light clothing. Sometimes the difference between a rating could be a single pound.
- If possible, fast for 12 hours before a blood profile
- Do not consume any form of caffeine, food or beverage (except for water) for at least 2 hours before the exam
- Do not smoke for at least 2 hours before the exam
- Take all prescribed medications as prescribed. Bring all prescriptions to the exam for reference
- Avoid all non-prescription medication such as cold remedies, pain relievers and herbal remedies
for at least 24 hours before the exam
- Drink 2 glasses of water 1-2 hours before the exam
- If you are ill, contact the nurse or contact us and we will reschedule