Life insurance is a major financial commitment.
Just as you seek out expert advisors for other financial needs bankers, stockbrokers, and the like – your choice of a life insurance agent is a key decision.
Your life insurance agent plays an important role in the financial planning process. He or she:
- Helps you assess your life insurance needs through a financial needs analysis.
- Arranges for the purchase of a policy.
- Provides on-going service, such as beneficiary changes, review and updating of life insurance policies.
- Assists the beneficiary in making the claim.
- Assists you with other financial planning needs (disability insurance, retirement planning, estate planning).
Agents are licensed and regulated by the provincial government to sell and service life insurance.